As someone who is trying to gain muscle this summer, I’m trying to come up with creative ideas to increase my protein intake. Not that I’m deficient by any means, I just don’t seem to crave foods except chocolate, bread and peanut butter! I have Garden of Life organic vegan protein powder, and it works great in recipes. I made a batch of chocolate protein cookies and I LOVE them! They taste like brownies! The recipe makes 2 giant cookies, but you can always double the recipe, or make smaller cookies.
Not only are these cookies vegan, they’re also 100% whole grain, and full of healthy fats! I used my favorite almond butter, Barney Butter, as the fat/binding agent. The raw & chia flavor was just what the recipe needed! Try this out and let me know what you think.
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Organic Protein Powder (chocolate, vanilla or natural)
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoon raw + chia Barney Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, add protein powder, flour, cocoa powder, stevia, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, add applesauce, almond milk, almond butter, and vanilla. Stir until fully mixed together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until a dough comes together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough on a greased cookie sheet into two large cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how chewy or crispy you like your cookies. Let it cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes.
That’s it! So easy. Macros for this: 35c, 14f, 23p