Look what I made today! Another one of my favorite foods! Mocha sauce. This one is low in sugar, fat free, and sooo delicious! You can add it to baked goods, smoothies, yogurt bowls, PB sandwiches… the list goes on. Just keep in mind it IS caffeinated, so you may jot want to eat this at night!
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup trivia baking blend
- ¾ cup dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- dash salt
- Heat all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil while stirring, careful not to boil over!
- Keep an eye on the sauce and stir frequently.
- Allow the sauce to reduce to a syrup that’s still pourable.
- Let cool and transfer to a container. (Squeeze bottle or mason jar)
- Keep in the fridge and use within a month.
So what do you do with this besides eat it with a spoon? Make an iced mocha latte, of course! Why spend $6 at Starbucks when this one is free? (Ok, mostly free. Like 50 cents or something). And here’s how!
Steps to make a vegan iced mocha:
- Add mocha sauce to a cup or jar, allowing it to pool at the bottom and streak the sides.
- Fill half the cup with vanilla soy milk
- Add frozen iced coffee cubes, and top it off with a bit more iced coffee! Add more mocha if desired.
- How do you enjoy your mocha? Let me know in the comments!