Hey Sarah, you haven’t posted in 2 weeks! Yeah, I know… I moved back to school and I haven’t had a spare moment. But if you follow me on Instagam (if you don’t, you’re missing out!) you know what I’ve been up to! Including yesterday’s kitchen adventures. Here’s a quick reminder in case you forgot:
What is it? Oh, you mean besides delicious? It’s blueberry orange bead! While meal prepping, I decided I needed a sweet (and healthy) vegan baked item to go with my veggies. My wonderful mom gave me fresh wild blueberries from the farmer’s market, so I opted for a blueberry bread instead of chocolate. (Idk, maybe I AM sick!)
All whole ingredients, fresh, and nourishing. It tastes like a perfectly sweetened breakfast muffin! I made it in a college dorm, which proves just how easy it it. So I suggest you make it ASAP. And here’s how!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup plain coconut milk yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup truvia stevia/sugar blend
- 2-3 wedges of orange, juice squeezed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- pink of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and tuvia blend and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the almond milk, vanilla extract, yogurt and orange juice and mix them well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the blueberries to the batter and mix well so the blueberries don’t settle on the bottom or side.
- Spray a baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan and let settle for 2 minutes. Place some blueberries on the top of the batter as well.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until baked through.
On another note, if you’d like to see a few more blogs from me, check out vimfitness.com!
This is my gym where I offer small group and personal training sessions, and get to blog about what I love! Healthy food! Please each out if you’d like to train with me: Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org